Apple today announced
a new cyber risk management solution aimed at the enterprise market and launching with partners Cisco, Aon, and Allianz. Each company is adding their own expertise into the solution, including cyber resilience evaluation services from Aon, the "most secure" technology from Apple and Cisco, and options for enhanced cyber insurance coverage from Allianz.
The goal is said to help businesses better manage and protect themselves from the risk of cyber attacks, like ransomware and other malware-related threats. In the announcement, Apple said that the "low adoption" of cyber insurance amid an increased risk of attacks led to the new partnership, which ultimately aims to help businesses become "more resilient" to these threats.
Businesses taking part in the solution will potentially qualify for lower, "or even no," deductibles in some cases, as well as gain access to "market leading" policy coverage terms. The key elements of the solution include:
- Cyber Resilience Evaluation: Aon cyber security professionals will assess interested customers’ cyber security posture and recommend ways to help improve their cyber security defenses.
- Cyber Insurance: Customers using Cisco Ransomware Defense, and/or qualified Apple products can be eligible for the Allianz-developed enhanced cyber insurance offering, acknowledging the superior level of security afforded to businesses by Cisco and Apple technology.
- Incident Response Services: Organizations will have access to Cisco and Aon’s Incident Response teams in the event of a malware attack.
Apple CEO Tim Cook said that the partnership will help make cyber insurance "more accessible" for the businesses that partake in the solution. In total, Apple's iPhone, iPad, and Mac devices are said to be the tools supported under the new insurance.
“The choice of technology providers plays a critical role in any company’s defense against cyber attacks. That’s why, from the beginning, Apple has built products from the ground up with security in mind, and one of the many reasons why businesses around the world are choosing our products to power their enterprise," said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.
“iPhone, iPad and Mac are the best tools for work, offering the world’s best user experience and the strongest security. We’re thrilled that insurance industry leaders recognize that Apple products provide superior cyber protection, and that we have the opportunity to help make enhanced cyber insurance more accessible to our customers.”
Cisco has launched a new website
with more information about the cyber risk solution. For business interested, Apple said that the solution is available starting today.Discuss this article
in our forums
Apple CEO Tim Cook took the stage at Cisco Live in Las Vegas today, sitting down with Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins to discuss the ongoing partnership
between the two companies that has leveraged Apple's expertise in devices and apps and Cisco's strength in networking and enterprise tools.
During the session, Cook argued that business customers who use the integrated Apple-Cisco ecosystem should be granted a benefit in the form of lower cybersecurity insurance premiums, reports Reuters
"The thinking we share here is that if your enterprise or company is using Cisco and Apple, that the combination of these should make that (cyber-security) insurance cost significantly less," Cook said. "This is something we're going to spend some energy on. You should reap that benefit."
Cisco also announced its upcoming Cisco Security Connector
program for iOS devices, launching later this year.
Expected to be released in the fall of 2017, the Cisco Security Connector is designed to deliver the deepest visibility, control, and privacy for iOS devices. The Cisco Security Connector offers organizations the most granular view of what is happening on enterprise-owned mobile devices and provides the best protection for users, anywhere they travel. With the Cisco Security Connector, businesses will now have the ability to meet risk and compliance requirements from auditors and ultimately expand iOS adoption in new ways. [...]
With the Cisco Security Connector, organizations gain the following:
- Visibility: Ensure compliance of mobile users and their enterprise-owned iOS devices during incident investigations by rapidly identifying what happened, whom it affected, and the risk exposure.
- Control: Protect users of iOS devices from connecting to malicious sites on the internet, whether on the corporate network, public Wi-Fi, or cellular networks.
- Privacy: Safeguard corporate data and users by encrypting internet (DNS) requests.
Cisco says it collaborating with insurance companies on "more robust policies" for customers taking advantage of continuous security monitoring based on technologies from Apple and Cisco.Discuss this article
in our forums