Navigating the New App Drawer in Messages
- Open Messages.
- Choose a contact to text.
- At the bottom of the screen sits the new app drawer, and you can tap one to bring it up or scroll to dive deeper into your collection.
If you ever accidentally leave the app by tapping the text field, simply tap the App Store icon to the left of the text field. Conversely, if you're inside of a Messages app and want to make it and the app drawer disappear, tap the same App Store icon to the left of the text field (it'll be blue when the app drawer is open) to make the app disappear (returning the icon to gray).
Editing the New App Drawer in Messages
- Navigate to the app drawer in Messages.
- Scroll the drawer all the way to the right and tap the ellipses, or "More," icon.
- Tap "Edit."
- On the right side, choose any installed app you want or don't want in your Messages app drawer by tapping the green toggles.
- On the left side, tap the green "+" icon next to any app you want as a favorite.
- Tap "Done."
For this reason, it's easy for your app drawer to become crowded, making the deeper editing and favoriting options in iOS 11 a welcome addition.
Discuss this article in our forums